AMBITION & ACTIONS

Only 10% of oil released in a marine oil spill is captured by spill response. How about the remaining 90%? Weathering processes and biodegradation further reduce this amount, but a lot more could be achieved by enhancing these processes. Kill•Spill is taking on this challenge and will deliver innovative (bio) technologies which can be integrated into state-of-the-art actions currently used to clean-up oil spills. It also develops appropriate tools for

  • first response,
  • follow-up, and
  • longer-term actions, specifically tailored to a broad range of different kinds of oil spills.

Kill•Spill Approach